Another recipe to prove eating clean doesn’t have to be boring!!
Ingredients: ( Serves – 1 )
– 1 x 180g Chicken Breast
– 1/2 Cup Quinoa Flakes
– 1 teaspoon of dried Italian Mixed Herbs
– Few sprigs of fresh Lemon Thyme (leaves only)
– 1 Egg
– Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
– Lightly spray an oven tray with cooking spray and set aside.
– Lay the chicken on a cutting board and slice the lengthways into 1cm thick slices (should make 2-3 pieces) and set aside.
– Combine the quinoa flakes, herbs and Lemon Thyme leaves in a bowl and mix well.
– Crack the egg into a separate bowl and beat with a fork.
– Take a piece of chicken and dip in egg wash to coat. Then dip into the dry mixture and coat well, pressing the chicken into the mixture to make it stick well. Place the piece of chicken onto the prepared baking tray. Repeat with remaining chicken.
– Lightly spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray and place the tray in the oven and bake for 15mins. Turn the chicken over and return to the oven for another 7mins (approx) or until nicely golden. Be careful not to cook for too long or else you risk drying the chicken out.
– Serve alongside your favorite garden salad and enjoy!