For a twist on a traditional porridge breakfast why not give this dish a try- high in protein and antioxidants, it also provides you with good quality complex carbohydrates making it a great choice for breakfast and kick starting your metabolism!
The following recipe serves 2.
- 250ml of almond milk
- 50g quinoa
- 50g blackberries
- 50g blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans
- a spoon of zero fat Greek yoghurt each to finish the dish.
- In a saucepan bring the almond milk to the boil and stir in the quinoa, reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until most of the milk has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the berries and pecans
- split mixture into 2 bowls and serve with a spoon of greek yoghurt on top
- (option) sprinkle with cinnamon